NEC Member Calendar - Photo Contest Entry Form
2013 Nueces Electric Co-op Membership Calendar
Get out your cameras, NEC members! NEC invites entries for the 2013 NEC Membership Calendar. All NEC members and their immediate family members are eligible to submit entries for the 2013 NEC Membership Calendar with a theme of "Fun Lov'n Families." Whether it's family portrait or an action shot, NEC members are encouraged to capture the family on camera! Submit your best pics for a chance to be published in the 2013 NEC Membership Calendar and receive one of up to 14 cash and gift card prizes! Hurry, the deadline for submission is August 1, 2012.
If you are unable to upload your photo, CLICK HERE to print the contest application. Follow the "Digital Files" directions below and mail your entry to Nueces Electric Cooperative, P.O. Box 260970, Corpus Christi, TX 78462.
NEC Photo Contest Rules & Eligibility
- Eligibility of Photos: All photographs must have been taken by a Nueces Electric Cooperative, Inc. (NEC) residential member or by an immediate family member (professional photographers are not eligible to enter).
- Number of Entries: Each individual may enter up to 3 photos.
- Photo Submission: Photo entries must be submitted by August 1, 2012. Digital files are preferred however we will accept hard copies as well:
- Uploading Files to the Website: Fill out the form below and upload your images using the tools provided below. If you are unable to upload your photo, CLICK HERE to print the contest application. Follow the "Digital Files" directions below and mail your entry to Nueces Electric Cooperative, P.O. Box 260970, Corpus Christi, TX 78462.
- Digital Files: All mailed entries must mail an 8 x 10 photo with the file of the photo in a JPEG format on a CD or flash drive (non-returnable). Tape the CD or Flash Drive to the back of the photo. The digital version of the photo should have a resolution of at least 300 dpi. Photos taken with film or transparencies will need to be converted into a JPEG file. Each entry must be accompanied by this contest entry form and model releases as necessary. Photo submissions with entry forms, should be mailed to: Calendar Photo Contest c/o Nueces Electric Cooperative, PO Box 260970, Corpus Christi, TX 78426.
- Deadline: All entry submissions must be uploaded or postmarked no later than August 1, 2012. Nueces Electric Cooperative is not responsible for lost submissions.
- Refusal Rights: Nueces Electric Cooperative reserves the right to refuse inappropriate or unsuitable entries. Photograph must NOT be offensive, degrading, racists, or contain pornography of any form.
- Alterations of photo: Although slight computer enhanced photos are allowed, such as crop, trimming, adjusting lighting, and red eye reduction; substantially altered photography, such as changing colors or applying design styles, using computer graphics will disqualify an entry.
- Model Release Statement: Any adult or youth who is recognizable in the photo will need to sign a "Model release" if the photo is chosen for the calendar. If a minor (under age 18) is in the photo, the signature MUST come from their parent or guardian. If the adult or parent/guardian will not sign the Model Release, then do not submit the photo into the contest.
- Judging: Each entry will be judged on the following:
- Adherence to the Calendar Theme: Fun Lov'n Families
- Quality of photo for publication
- Originality & Creativity
- Photography Skill
- Content of Photo
- Adherence to Contest Rules
- Awards: Up to 14 photos will be selected for inclusion in the NEC 2013 Membership Calendar. Each member will receive a $50 gift card and a $50 NEC electric bill credit.