NEC 2013 Government-In-Action Youth Tour Essay Contest
Win THE Trip of a LIFETIME! Enter By January 25, 2013 to win an all-expense paid trip to Washington, D.C. in June 2013 with other Youth Tour Winners from electric cooperatives across the nation! Each year NEC sends at least 2 youth to participate.
How do you apply? It's as easy as 1,2,3!
- Complete the Application
- Write a 300- 500 word essay
- E-mail, Mail or fax your application, essay and photo to NEC
Application: (Click HERE) Youth Tour Rules and Application
Entry Deadline: January 25, 2013
Essay Title: "My Energy Project: How I Can Promote Energy Efficiency and Conservation"
What can you do to promote energy efficiency and conservation in your home, school, or community? Provide a full description of what you can or would do to get your message out. While you are thinking of your project, maybe consider a few of these questions:
- What will your message be and how will you distribute your information?
- Will this be for youth, adults, businesses, homes?
- Will you focus on one area of conservation or include all types of efficiency and conservation efforts?
- Will you host an event, give a presentation, make efficiency / conservation kits, provide personal home audits?
Visit www.youthtour.coop for more information on the Government-In-Action Youth Tour program!
Youth Tour Dates: June 13 - 21, 2013
For more information on this year's topic visit:
Below is a video from the 2012 Youth Tour which took place June 14th - June 22nd:
Additional Essay Topic Research Information:
What is a Co-op? (PowerPoint presentation from the US Dept. of Agriculture)
National Cooperative Business Association (Co-op Values and Seven Principles)