Welcome! As a member of Nueces Electric Cooperative, Inc. you are truly a part of our nation’s greatest heritage; that of people helping people for the betterment of all. Nueces Electric Cooperative (NEC) is more than a non-profit, customer-owned, "at cost" electric utility. Founded in 1938, today NEC serves over 17,000 electric meters for consumers in eight South Texas counties surrounding the beautiful Texas Gulf Coast. NEC Retail serves the retail electric needs of over 18,000 additional consumers across Texas. What Is A Co-op?
Vision, Mission and Values Statements
Cooperative, Inc, will sustain an innovative and proactive cooperative,
meeting the competitive, political, regulatory and technological challenges
within the changing utility industry.
The mission of Nueces Electric
Cooperative, Inc, a member-owned cooperative, is to help our members
continually improve their quality of life by providing reliable and cost effective
In keeping with the 7 Cooperative Principles, further defines its values to:
- Promote employee and public safety.
- Promote energy efficiency and conservation.
- Practice environmental responsibility.
- Demonstrate financial stewardship with the highest level of ethical business practices.
- Serve members in a proactive and accessible manner.
- Value and support co-workers, cooperative, and community.
- Optimize the use of proven applicable electric industry technologies.
- Communicate issues that could impact the Cooperative and member service.